A look at the schools that are overlooked by the ESPNs of the world.


Friday, February 22, 2013

Zane Vance reunited with Doug Martin at New Mexico State

LAS CRUCES - New Mexico State head football coach Doug Martin announced Thursday that Zane Vance has been hired to help coach the program's linebackers unit.


Vance was the linebackers coach under coach Martin while at Kent State University.
"I'm honored to be considered and very excited about the opportunity to coach at New Mexico State and be a part of coach Martin's staff," Vance said. "I really enjoyed my time while interviewing in Las Cruces. I think New Mexico State is full of potential and I'm glad to have the opportunity to be a part it."
"Coach Vance and I go back about 25 years when we had our first jobs together at East Tennessee State," Martin said. "He was the first coach I hired when I was named the head coach at Kent State. He is one of the best recruiters I've ever been around in 28 years of coaching. Coach Vance brings a lot of experience to our defensive staff at the linebacker position."

No comments:

Post a Comment